The burning of the Pope’s Bull of Excommunication was the boldest and most eventful act of Luther. Viewed in itself, it might indeed have been only an act of fanaticism and folly, and proved a brutal thunderbolt. But it was preceded and followed by heroic acts of faith in pulling down an old church, and building up a new one. It defied the greatest power on earth, before which emperors, kings, and princes, and all the nations of Europe bowed in reverence and awe. It was the fiery signal of absolute and final separation from Rome, and destroyed the effect of future papal bulls upon one-half of Western Christendom. It emancipated Luther and the entire Protestant world from that authority, which had become a fearful and intolerable tyranny over the intellect and conscience of men.
- The Ninety-Five Theses (48k) by Martin Luther (1888 Schaff edition). zip (14k)
- Address to the Nobility. (182k) by Martin Luther (1883 edition) pdf (281k) zip (66k)
- On Christian Liberty. (107k) by Martin Luther (1883 edition). zip (39k)
- Luther at Worms (358k) by J. H. Merle d'Aubigne D.D. (1835 edition) pdf (432k) docx (122k) zip (173k)
- On the Word of God. (77k) by Martin Luther (1857 edition).zip (24k)
- The Papal Bull Decet Romanum (19k) against Luther. (1521).
- Article on Luther. (38k) by Rev. James Gardner from “Christian Cyclopaedia”,1858ad. zip (13k)
- Luther's Shorter Catechism (47k) (with Luther's preface) (1529) zip (15k)
- The Youth, Conversion, and Early Labours of Luther. (264k) J. H. Merle d'Aubigne D.D. (1835 edition). zip (87k)
- Protestantism in Germany to the Leipsic Disputation, 1519AD (534k) by Rev. James Wylie (1878AD) zip (104k)
- Times of Erasmus and Luther. Lecture 1 (79k) by J. A. Froude M.A.(1867) zip (27k)
- Times of Erasmus and Luther. Lecture 2 (83k) by J. A. Froude M.A.(1867) zip (28k)
- Times of Erasmus and Luther. Lecture 3 (75k) by J. A. Froude M.A.(1867) zip (28k)
- Luther's Training for the Reformation A.D. 1483-1517. (195k) by Philip Schaff, (1887AD) pdf (214k) zip (45k)
- Luther's 95 Theses & Protestation. (124k) from "The First Principles of the Reformation" (1885AD) pdf (82k) docx (37k) zip (24k)